Concussion Management Programs
What is a Concussion?
A concussion is a form of brain injury that causes an alteration in brain function. It is a result from a direct or indirect blow to the head, face or jaw. Concussions can present a wide range of symptoms and recovery times meaning that it’s unsuitable to employ a single approach to rehabilitation. This variability has created a need for objective baseline testing protocols that is used to track an individual’s recovery time.
Cognitive testing is a recommended component of baseline and post injury concussion management protocols designed to assess;
- Reaction Time
- Attention Span
- Problem Solving
- Individualized resting plan and home instruction
- Specific recommendations around employment or academic demands
- Manual therapy for associated complaints (neck pain, whiplash, etc)
- Screening and referral for vision therapy if required
- Rehabilitation for balance and coordination
- Physical exertion testing and individualized exercise plans
Book an appointment today!Get in touch with us